The combination of raspberries, lime and mint is utterly gorgeous and refreshing. If you want to make a refreshing summertime treat, raspberry mint sorbet is the ultimate! It’s light, cooling and really easy to make. The sorbet can be eaten alone or served with fresh fruits and berries.
6 cups raspberries
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
½ cup mint leaves
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (adjust the amount of lemon juice according to the tartness of the raspberries).
How to make the Raspberry mint sorbet
- In a medium saucepan, prepare the mint syrup by combining sugar and water. Heat the mixture until sugar dissolves and the water just begins to boil.
- Add mint leaves to the hot syrup, remove from heat and allow it to cool down.
- Then leave the syrup in the refrigerator for a while so that it cools down completely.
- Transfer the chilled mint syrup into a blender, add lemon juice and raspberries and whizz until smooth and well blended.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove raspberry seeds and unblended mint leaves.
- Now pour this mixture into an ice cream churner and process for a while.
- Transfer into an air tight container and freeze for at least 2-3 hours.