Hartland International School is another premium school making an ambitious entry into Dubai’s rapidly growing education sector. The highly reputed Sobha Group has launched its first venture in the education sector with the announcement of Hartland International School in Dubai. The School will be situated in the Sobha Hartland area of Dubai, 3 km from the Burj Khalifa and within the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City. The school is now open for enrolment, and will be fully operational from September 2015.
Headed by a team of internationally recognised education figures and led by Paul Silverwood, former head of Queen Margaret’s in York, Hartland International is all set to deliver high quality education to students in Dubai.
Curriculum at Hartland International School
Hartland International School will be offering the National Curriculum of England through an innovative, day-boarding model that will eventually prepare students for International GCSEs. Graduates from Hartland International School will be also be provided with the option to study for an International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Foundation Stage (FS1-FS2 for ages 3-5)
Primary Years (Y1-Y6 for ages 5-11)
Secondary Years (Y7-Y11 for ages 11-16)
Sixth Form (Y12-Y13 for ages 16-18)
As part of the curriculum students will study key courses including English, Mathematics and Science, Humanities, Languages, Computing and Technology courses and the Arts. Children will also gain proficiency in three languages; English, Arabic and one additional language selected from French, German, Mandarin and Spanish.
The school promises to deliver an all-round education for every child, comprising a rigorous academic programme which is strengthened by wide ranging optional and compulsory enrichment activities and supported by an individualised pastoral care system.
Speaking about the learning approach at school, Dr Paul Silverwood, the Principal at Hartland International School said: “Through academic clinics with subject specialists, an inclusive electives programme of creative, sporting and cultural activities and a personalised tutorial system, our students will be challenged and supported as they aim high and seek to exceed their own expectations. We wish to make each lesson and activity fun, interactive and highly enjoyable for all children as they grow in confidence and develop a love of learning.”
World-class facilities at Hartland International School
With a built-up area of 30,807 sqm, the school offers world-class infrastructure and facilities to nurture students in a safe, healthy and enriching environment. The features at the school premises include:
- Spacious, well ventilated classrooms spaces (63 sqm) that provide flexibility and opportunities to be innovative with teaching and learning approaches
- Seminar rooms to encourage free exchange of dialogue and ideas
- Meeting rooms for House activities to encourage teamwork, mentoring and leadership among students
- Convenient drop-off areas with different entrances for kindergarten, junior school, main entrance and sports area – to ease traffic flow for parents and buses
- A dedicated parents’ meeting area
Science and technology
- World-class science laboratories to inspire practical investigation, critical thinking and scientific inquiry
- Centres of Excellence to support Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CADCAM), Robotics and Virtual Learning
- Media, Photography, Graphic Design and Visual Arts studios designed to engender creative expression
- Dance studio with sprung floor and mirrored wall to inspire choreography and body control
- ‘Black box’ studio to encourage drama, performance and public speaking
- Recording studio, recital rooms and a suite of practice rooms to promote musical performance
- 750 seat auditorium with advanced projection, stage and concert facilities
Sports and Recreation
- Eight lane 25m swimming pool and a separate learning pool
- Indoor sports centre for gymnastics, trampolining, basketball, badminton and football
- Football field and provision for a running track
- Rooftop tennis and netball courts and shaded play areas
- Indoor activity rooms for dance, movement and physical development
Research and Support
- Two extensive libraries designed to promote independent study and reading for pleasure
- Teacher training and professional development centre designed to support ‘learning for life’
- Teachers’ recording studio for creation of supplementary, on-line teaching materials
- Dedicated Special Educational Needs resource base and tutorial rooms
- A central Sixth Form Resource centre, with excellent research and computing capabilities
- Common room facilities for senior students to relax, share ideas and socialize
- Higher education research facilities to support the students as they aspire to reach the world’s leading universities
- Medical Centre and Counselling Room to care for the physical and mental well-being of students
- Prayer Rooms to support quiet reflection and spiritual growth
Enrolment and Admissions
Enrolment for the September 2015 start date has already commenced. Students will be admitted from the foundation stage (FS1 & FS2 for ages 3 to 5) all the way up to the sixth form (Grades 12 and 13 for ages 16 to 18). For admissions and other enquiries, parents can contact the Discovery Centre at the following address
5th Floor, Sobha Sapphire, Al Khail Road Entrance
Hartland International School Location
The Discovery Centre is open each day from 08:30 until 16:30 and on a Saturday by appointment.