Courtesy: Al Dhiyafa Grand Kitchen, Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa, Dubai
When it comes to authentic Indian food, one dish that’s immensely popular across the world is the Butter Chicken. It’s a family favorite, isn’t it? Almost everyone LOVES Butter Chicken! Tender, boneless cubes of chicken, in rich, creamy and mildly spiced tomato gravy are a perfect accompaniment with Naan or any other type of bread.
Although this dish looks deliciously rich, it’s actually quite simple and can be easily cooked up at home. Using top quality spices and fresh ingredients is what makes the difference. Be it a special occasion or a weekend gathering, you can certainly impress your family and friends with this Easy Butter Chicken Recipe, courtesy of the Al Dhiyafa Grand Kitchen, Habtoor Grand Beach Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection.
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 50g ground cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp garam massala
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ginger pulp
- 1 tsp garlic pulp
- 400g can tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 kg chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
- 75g butter
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tbsp cream
- Place the yogurt, ground cashew nuts, all the dry spices, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt in a mixing bowl and blend together thoroughly.
- Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl and pour over the yogurt mixture.
- Set aside. Melt together the butter and oil in a medium casserole pot, add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in about half of the coriander and mix well. Pour over the cream and stir in well. Bring to the boil. Garnish the butter chicken with the remaining chopped coriander. Serve with Indian bread.