Your most important day is just a week away and you want to look your stunning best. Here are 10 tips to make you look young and beautiful in just a week.
- Time to Clean Up – Take some time to soak yourself up in a warm tub. To this, you may also add a glass of milk or bath oils that suit your skin type. Use a good exfoliating scrub to get rid of the dead skin. You don’t need to do this more than twice during the week. Remember to moisturise your skin every day after the shower. Cleanse your face every night; apply a toner followed by a night cream. Tighten your skin with a good face pack once or twice during the week. Follow this routine and you will notice your skin looking softer and younger in just a week.
- Increase your water intake – Water will not only hydrate your skin cells but also regulate any salt and water imbalance internally. By increasing the water intake, you are also getting rid of all the toxins that make you look tired and worn out.
- Eat fresh fruits and nuts for breakfast – Add a lot of fresh seasonal fruits to your breakfast, especially berries and citrus fruits that are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. Your bowel movement will improve with all the extra fibre, thereby eliminating more toxic wastes from your body. Nuts will supply the Vitamin E and essential oils that are so crucial for a healthy glow. You will notice a remarkable change in your skin.
- Juice everyday – Juice is a quick way to add great amounts of nutrients to your body. Stick to at least one large glass of freshly extracted juice every day. You can try fruit, vegetable or a combination of both to make your daily beauty shot.
- Hair care – Healthy looking hair is essential to look beautiful and complete. It can be achieved even in a weeks’ time. Before you shampoo, massage your scalp with hot oil. Use a good quality shampoo that’s specifically meant for your hair type. Massage scalp gently while shampooing, apply conditioner, comb and rinse with Luke warm water. Apply hair serum for extra shine and protection.
- Visit the dentist– Bad breath, stained teeth, plaque or tarter can hinder the best of looks. Take some time off to visit the dentist and get your teeth cleaned up and polished to enhance your beautiful smile.
- Cut down on sweets and carbs – Say NO to sweets, pastries, colas and anything that’s loaded with sugars. Despite your best efforts, your skin will look dull and greasy if you don’t cut down the sugars and carbohydrates.
- Reduce tea, coffee and alcohol – If you have been loading your body with stimulants, time to cut down on tea and coffee. Try and avoid them completely if you can. But if you are really badly addicted, try not to have more than 2 cups in a day.
- Workout – when you only have a week in hand, you can’t afford to skip even a single day’s work out. Walk, swim, jog, yoga, Pilates, whatever you have been up to, do it religiously every day. You’ll manage to lose some weight and also tone up, even in a week’s time.
- Relax and meditate – Get at least 8 hours of sleep every day; which means you need to go to bed early. NO late night parties or movies. Meditation or quite time for 30 min a day will help you relax and give you a good night’s sleep.
Get started with these simple but effective tips and you will look noticeably younger in just 1 week.